Think about how your workplace environment could make it easier for people to eat well at work.
- If you have vending machines or snack boxes on site, consider removing them or stock them with healthy options.
- Provide attractive, comfortable and well-resourced facilities for staff to store, prepare and eat food.
- Have water coolers, chilled water bottles or containers available to give people easy access to 100% water.
- Subscribe to healthy food magazines for staff to read during breaks.
- Provide areas for breastfeeding mothers to feed or pump and store breastmilk.
- Got some spare grass? Allow staff to grow vegetables and fruit.
- Put up posters and information promoting healthy food choices and nutritional information in staff break and work areas.
- Put up posters advertising upcoming awareness campaigns that support eating healthily.