Businesses can also take action to help their people make positive changes to their own food choices.
- Establish a regular healthy shared lunch so people can swap healthy food and healthy food ideas – get some ideas at myfamily.kiwi.
- Work with staff to start a healthy breakfast club.
- Include healthy recipes in staff communications and encourage staff to share them.
- Hold regular learning lunches for staff, including topics such as food safety, how to read food labels, cooking for kids, understanding the new Health Star Rating for packaged food.
- Promote eating well by putting up posters and putting out pamphlets in break rooms that educate and inspire workers to eat healthily.
- Download/order in hardcopy and distribute the Ministry of Health's Eat Healthy Food and Move More Every Day brochure.
- Hold a competition for the healthiest, tastiest recipe from staff, then compile a recipe book from the contributions.
- Offer cooking classes to teach staff healthy recipes – comes with a side dish of team building!
- Encourage participation in local and national healthy eating initiatives, such as 5+ a Day.